What You Will Do:
Working collaboratively with teams and business experts, the Database Developer will
be a key player in defining requirements and designing systems. Working with the DBA,
you will design, optimize, implement, upgrade and maintain SQL Server solutions
consistent with enterprise architecture standards and best practices for high availability
· Gathering all salient information regarding the intended functions of each database.
· Receiving requests pertaining to the layout, appearance, and special features of each database.
· Reviewing each development to detect and amend coding and typographical errors, as well as bugs.
· Formulating data dictionaries that are congruent with task specifications.
· Creating technical documents that outline the purpose, capacity, and guidelines attached to each database.
· Providing practical guidance on the use and migration of each database.
· Provide guidance and support to Application Developers
· Assist with schema design, code review, SQL query tuning investigate, troubleshoot, and correct data and related issues with data types. Ability to reverse engineer existing SQL processes and develop optimized replacement SQL objects.
· Expertise in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and good knowledge of SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
· Experience in developing, monitoring, extracting, and transforming data using SSIS in SSDT for Visual Studio, Import Export Wizard, and Bulk Insert.
· Excellent in High-Level Design of ETL SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources like (Excel, CSV, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, Merge and union all.
· Sound Experience and understanding of SSAS, OLAP cube, and Architecture. Knowledge of SSAS MDX & DAX is a plus
· Experience in writing expressions in SSIS and DO\WHILE LOOP and CTE in SQL.
· Excellent knowledge in creating Databases, Tables, Stored Procedures,
· DDL/DML Triggers, Views, User-defined data types, functions, Cursors, and Indexes using T-SQL.
· Great ability to create and manage various database objects like tables, views, indexes.
· Worked Extensively on Data Warehouse ETL processes using SSIS package based on business requirements gathered.
· Experience in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization.
· Experience in SQL Server SSIS (Integration Service) package design, constructing, logging and deployment.
· Hands-on experience in Creating Star Schema and Snow Flake Schemas.
· Hands-on experience in installing, configuring, managing, upgrading, and migrating, monitoring, and troubleshooting SQL Server 2008 R2/2012/2014/2016/2017/2019.
· Thorough understanding of the source control, deployment, change management, and the segregation of duties.
· Understanding of SAN data storage structure and solutions, not required but is a plus.
SQL Server Data Tools for Visual Studio with SSIS and SAS, SQL Profiler, SQL Server
Management Studio, Red-Gate DBA Toolbelt, SharePoint.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2008 R2, 2014, 2016, 2017,2019. Other databases are
Operating Systems: Windows Servers. Linux not required but is a plus.
Tools: Azure Environment tools like ADF and PowerBI is a plus
Other Knowledge and Skills:
· Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills. Proficient in technical writing and presentations and a good team player.
· Being able to work in shifts based on Eastern United States Time Zone (EST)
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team to accomplish critical business objectives and to make decisions under pressure.
· Keen attention to detail.
Experience: Minimum 3-5 years as Database Developer
English: Fluent in Spoken and Excellent in Written